"RRS" BlogFacebookTwitterE-MailPlaylistListen LivePodcasts
Interviewing celebrities, breaking national stories, blogging daily, and offering candid commentary on pop culture is just a small sample of what he does. Ralphie Aversa is the relentless, tireless, non-stop-always-go host and executive producer of “The Ralphie Radio Show.” Check out his links above, and his blog below - and thanks for swinging through!

7.21.2010

VANS WARPED TOUR: Mike Posner

“All Posner, all hits” or “All killer, no filler” are two of the catchphrases Mike Posner is using to describe his highly anticipated LP, 31 Minutes to Takeoff, which drops August 10. The “Cooler Than Me” emcee keeps it as real as possible. Matter of fact, probably the only thing not authentic about the album is its cover, which was not actually shot in an airplane.

“We rented plane props,” Posner admitted backstage at Vans Warped Tour to “The Ralphie Radio Show.” He also revealed that the record is finished, but he might have to scale back on that first slogan a bit, as there are two collaborations of note on the album.

“I do have Travis Barker playing drums on a song,” Posner said. “I have background vocals sung by… guess who?”
---
Download the interview



---
Yes, the Duke University graduate turned the tables on me with a pop quiz of his own. I failed before he let me in on the correct answer: Boyz II Men.

“I had this song written and I wanted like a barbershop quartet feel to it,” explained Posner. “We reached out, sent them music, and they were like, ‘Yeah, we’re big fans.’ Within a month we were in the studio and those guys are like geniuses… that was a great experience.”

It’s been a summer full of great experiences for the Michigan-native, as his single continues to climb the charts, only raising his popularity while performing on Vans Warped Tour.

“It’s a grind, but it’s awesome man, I love grinding,” he said. “I’m doing sometimes three shows a day, so, I love it out here and I have the opportunity to meet kids all day long, and that’s the best part of the day for me.”

Posner will continue meeting and greeting fans on Warped Tour through the summer before launching on his own headlining trek this fall.

No comments: