"RRS" BlogFacebookTwitterE-MailPlaylistListen LivePodcasts
Interviewing celebrities, breaking national stories, blogging daily, and offering candid commentary on pop culture is just a small sample of what he does. Ralphie Aversa is the relentless, tireless, non-stop-always-go host and executive producer of “The Ralphie Radio Show.” Check out his links above, and his blog below - and thanks for swinging through!

7.15.2010

RRS AUDIO: John Mayer Rejects 'RRS' Interview Request on uStream

John Mayer’s interview trials and tribulations of late have been well-documented: his pillow talk about Jessica Simpson in Rolling Stone, his thoughts on dating women of color in Playboy. Since the latter foot-in-mouth comments, Mayer took a hiatus from doing traditional media interviews – but still tweets and interacts directly with fans.

Last Wednesday morning, around 3 a.m., Mayer tweeted out a link to an impromptu uStream chat, where he fielded random, unfiltered questions from people across the world. I figured if I ever had a chance to interview Mayer, I might as well put in my request now, because I knew it wasn’t happening by submitting a request to Columbia Records.

After about four tries, the text “JOHN I WANT TO INTERVIEW YOU IN SCRANTON!” caught his eyes.
---
Download the full segment, with audio of John's denial


Thanks to tryjm.com for the audio of the uStream chat.
---
“Uh, you want to interview me in Scranton?” Mayer said, reading back the words from the chat, which were scrolling continuously as if they were a broken slot machine. “Um, I don’t know if you know this, but I’m not exactly the king of interviews. Taking a short break from that.”

Mayer took about a five second break from responding, then continued, ‘Sure went all in on that,” and let out a quick chuckle. I would assume with that comment he was referring to the two articles referenced at the beginning of this story.

For the record, I went ahead anyways and submitted a request to Columbia Records, and received a polite no in return, explaining that Mayer will not be doing any media during his tour with Train, which kicks off Friday in Charlotte.

No comments: