"RRS" BlogFacebookTwitterE-MailPlaylistListen LivePodcasts
Interviewing celebrities, breaking national stories, blogging daily, and offering candid commentary on pop culture is just a small sample of what he does. Ralphie Aversa is the relentless, tireless, non-stop-always-go host and executive producer of “The Ralphie Radio Show.” Check out his links above, and his blog below - and thanks for swinging through!

11.06.2009

EXCLUSIVE: Sean Paul on Kanye's Hennessy, Marijuana Legalization

Most celebrities might not take working the red carpet of events as serious as others – walking through quickly, avoiding the media, briefly posing for photographers, and heading inside to the event. For Jamaican dance hall king Sean Paul, this is far from the case.

“Everybody always asks me, ‘What do you like about these events (while I’m on the red carpet)?’ I’m like, ‘The networking!’” Paul said last week – calling in to The Ralphie Radio Show from Jamaica.

In Paul’s case, he’s converted two different red carpet meet-ups in to big studio collaborations. Over the summer, he met Keri Hilson on the red carpet of the BET Awards. The two would duet for a track called “Hold My Hand” – which can be found on the iTunes version of Imperial Blaze. Now the singers will meet again – in Wilkes-Barre on November 13. 97 BHT and E&R Entertainment present Sean Paul, Keri Hilson, and Colby O’Donis at the Wachovia Arena.

“She gon’ be on the show, so I dunno what’s gonna happen there,” Paul teased, hinting to a possible on-stage performance of the track from the both of them. “Yo, I’m looking forward to it. I’m really, really looking forward to that.”

Sean Paul also converted another awards show meet-up in to a possible hit record – he first met Jay Sean at the MTV VMA’s this past September. Shortly after, the two headed in to the studio to record, “Do You Remember” – the follow-up single to Jay Sean’s “Down”, which features Lil Wayne.

“(Jay Sean) was like, ‘Yo, I like your music!’ and was like, ‘Yo, I ain’t heard all of yours, but I liked the first single that I heard and listen, let’s do something.’”

Lil Jon also cameos on the track – which features two British artists. Jay Sean is from England – and Sean Paul’s grandmother is from overseas as well.
---

Part 1:
Wachovia Arena/Nov. 13, Keri Hilson, Jay Sean, Red Carpets, KanYe West

Part 2: Legalization of Marijuana

More on the big show here.
---
While Sean Paul recorded a potential hit record thanks to a VMA encounter, he also avoided a potential disaster – as he ran in to his friend KanYe West on the red carpet as well.

“(West) gave me some of that Hennessey,” revealed Paul. “I’m just glad I didn’t take more of that.”

Immediately after West interrupted Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech, Paul knew the alcohol played a role.

“I’ve been there before,” said Paul. “I know that feeling.”

Perhaps this is just more fuel to Sean Paul’s fire (no pun intended, here) in his argument that marijuana should be legalized. The singer of such tracks as “Gimme Di Light” and “We Be Burnin’ (Legalize It)” – Paul thinks that alcohol does much more hard to society than the illegal substance.

“Last time I drank, was one month ago dude. I was on the ground for like, a half hour,” Paul recounted. “You can take it for your own judgment. I’ve been doing what (President) Obama is not against for longest time, and I ain’t been on no carpet’s on the ground for a half hour.”

Paul also cited the overpopulation in America’s prisons as a reason he’d like to see marijuana legalized by the President, who has already said that the drug isn’t a priority for the administration at the moment.

No comments: