"RRS" BlogFacebookTwitterE-MailPlaylistListen LivePodcasts
Interviewing celebrities, breaking national stories, blogging daily, and offering candid commentary on pop culture is just a small sample of what he does. Ralphie Aversa is the relentless, tireless, non-stop-always-go host and executive producer of “The Ralphie Radio Show.” Check out his links above, and his blog below - and thanks for swinging through!

6.01.2009

What Would You Do to Quit Smoking?

The man pictured second from the left is 56-year-old Geoff Spice. He smokes 30 cigarettes a day and has smoked for over 40 years. He's tried everything to quit smoking, but none of it has worked. So what's next?

From the Daily Mail UK

And to take his mind off the inevitable cravings, Mr Spice, who lives in Montenegro, will also bring his iPod, loaded with 120 books, and a guitar, which he intends to learn how to play. 

Mr Spice, who will have his last cigarette before arriving on the island on August 1, said: 'I don't plan to take any aids like patches with me. I will just be in a position where I cannot get cigarettes no matter how much I want one. 

'I'm hoping my month on the island may lead to many years of extra life that I'll be able to spend with my family.'

The island has no home - except for three derelict bothys - so Mr Spice, 56, will have to camp.

Currently moving from Montenegro back to the UK, he began smoking 43 years ago.

'I first thought about staying on an uninhabited island about 10 years ago when I was living in Australia. It was just a thought which came into my mind from time to time but not something I thought about very seriously. In any case I wouldn't have really fancied staying on an Australian island which might be uninhabited by humans but inhabited by snakes and spiders,' said Mr Spice.

No comments: